Sunday, October 31, 2010

A Princess and a Kitty


I’m not gonna lie, I’m not the biggest fan of Halloween. I just never have been. And I’m always so bugged by all the scary/creepy stuff they have out this time of year because of Halloween. Just not a fan. But…the girls seemed really excited about it this year so I just had to deal with it. And I’m so glad we did. We had a great time as a family and the girls were so excited!

Emmy had insisted on going as Cinderella because that’s what Kennedy had decided to be as well. And they were so precious! I was planning to let Hayden be a princess too, just because she didn’t seem to have an opinion and the “type-A” in me needed them to coordinate (ha)! But at the last minute, she started telling me she wanted to be a kitty. Yikes! Luckily, one of our friends had two kitty costumes and let us borrow one of her ears & tails. Throw on a black leotard and a tutu and you’ve got a kitty! At least we thought so ;).

The outlets near our house had advertised that they were handing out candy, so we decided to try it out with Kennedy and Briggs. No doubt they were the cutest princesses, kitty and football player there, but it was kind of a bust. Not many stores had candy left, but the kiddos didn’t care at all! They got plenty of practice “Trick or Treating” and had a GREAT time! So all was not lost ;).


After we were done there, we headed home, had a yummy pumpkin pizza from Papa Murphy’s and enjoyed some time in our new neighborhood. We knew this would be a great opportunity to get to know some of our neighbors and we were right! It was SO fun to watch the girls pass out candy and we got to meet lots of new people. Not to mention it was a beautiful night!!


So Halloween was a success! And we’ve got the candy to prove it ;).