Friday, December 19, 2008

Gingerbread Fun!

Last Saturday we had our first annual (we hope!) Gingerbread-House-Making Party! It was a blast! We invited all our friends from mommy and daddy's Sunday school class and had a pretty good turn-out considering how busy it is this time of year. Everyone got to decorate their own little gingerbread house and the mommies and daddies even got to help. Some mommies and daddies had to do most of the work since the kiddos were so little and they did a really good job :o). Here's everyone in action...

Emily and her daddy were a great team!

Zane was SO serious about his work :o)

Little Eli is hard at work.

Precious London is loving the icing!!!

Working on my masterpiece...yeah right, I'm just eating it!

Miss Avery took a break to do some coloring.

Sweet Kaitlin is coloring too...wish we'd gotten sweet face!

Cutie Reece...he's so GQ!

Carson and Reece making a little small talk :o)

Meeting sweet baby Chloe...that girl can rock a big bow!!!

Our finished products!

And here's how daddy and I got ready for the party...we made our own BIG gingerbread house! To be honest, I ate a lot more of the candy than I actually put on the house, but daddy sure had fun playing architect one his own. We plan to make this a daddy-daughter project every year and can't wait until Hayden can help next year!

And some party out-takes:

Here's what happened when I got up from my nap...I told them, "I pull his eyes off." And why did you do that? "He was sleeping!" Ha!