Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Ahhhh sleep!

Hi everyone. I'm pouring a quick cup of coffee as I write this blog. I've just woken up from a long night's sleep and I need a quick pick-me-up to get things going. You see, I have been asleep for the last 12 hours. No, my little fat fingers didn't hit the wrong keys....I said TWELVE hours. That's right folks, I am a sleeping machine. As of today, I have been sleeping through the entire night for one whole week! I'm no math whiz but daddy tells me that's 84 hours of sound sleeping.

Mommy and daddy seem to be even more excited about this sleeping than I am, but I'm not sure why. I don't think they really sleep because they're awake when I go to bed and they're awake to get me out of my crib in the morning. So glad I'm not a parent yet...I love sleep. I don't know how they do it.

Anyway, here's how it works: mommy and daddy give me a bath around 6:30 and get me ready for bed. Then daddy reads me a bedtime story and we all say our prayers. Mommy feeds me at 7:00 for about a half hour so I'm full of food and ready for some shut-eye when they put me in bed at 7:30. My crib is super comfy and they wrap me like a taquito which makes for some pretty wonderful sleep. Did I mention that I sleep for twelve hours?

At first, mommy and daddy were so surprised by my excellent sleep habits that they would check on me a lot during the night. But I just reminded them it takes a good amount of sleep to look this good. In fact, sometimes I enjoy my sleep so much that daddy has to wake me up at 7:30 to get me over to Kennedy's house on time.

Well, I'm off to burn off this energy I saved up while sleeping. So many choices: tummy time, exersaucer, bouncy chair....what will I do? Makes me tired just thinking about it.