Sunday, January 21, 2007

The inevitable has come...

I knew this day was coming...I've known since the first day of school this year...yet that makes it no easier to do. Tuesday will be my first day back to work since being blessed with our little bundle. Even as I am writing this, I'm not real sure how I'm going to make it. Except that I know I will because I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me - and I know that's what it will take!!! Scott and I have talked honestly about me just not going back, but we both believe that God has graciously given me this job and graced me with wonderful people to work with and we don't feel that it would be right to leave them stranded at this point in the school year. It's only 4 months until May and I only work 2 days a week - totally doable! So, today I am choosing to find peace and joy in going back to work. I believe that both Emerson and I will be blessed through our circumstance and look forward to seeing how it works out.

One HUGE reason that I know I can find peace and joy in the upcoming months is that my dear friend, Courtney will be providing my little Emmy with a wonderful home-away-from-home! Courtney will be keeping Emerson my two days of the work week and I will be keeping Kennedy (her 4-month old) her two days of the work week. I know what you're thinking - they're crazy! Right? Our husbands might agree! However, Courtney and I are really excited about it! We do know there will be some challenges, but overall I couldn't trust anyone more, our little ladies will get to grow and develop together, and it's free - can't beat that. Anyway, I'll keep you posted on our everyday adventures - there will no doubt be some funny pictures and even funnier stories to tell! In the meantime, I would really appreciate your prayers that Emerson will adjust well to this new situation, that I can concentrate and focus at school, that Courtney and I will learn to manage 2 babies' routines and that we will all be blessed in the process! Oh, and also that Scott can handle my emotions during all the changes! :o) Thanks!!!