Monday, November 29, 2010

“I love going to the Dentist, mommy!”


Time for a little “bad mommy” confession…my 4-year-old little lady JUST had her first trip to the dentist. And I made her daddy take her because I just knew she’d come away with a ton of cavities. I was totally projecting on my sweet little girl because of my dislike of the dentist and horrible amount of cavities :(. Poor kiddo. But she sure proved me wrong!! She came home, cavity free, proclaiming that “I love going to the Dentist, mommy!” I was so proud of her. Her daddy reported that she was SUCH a big girl, did great with her x-rays, loved getting her teeth cleaned and was pumped about her new toothbrush and toothpaste. So we are fans of the dentist. I couldn’t be happier! And who knows, maybe I’ll take a cue from my 4-year-old and get myself to the dentist too ;).


The only bummer of the trip was that Dr. D told Em that it was about time to give up sucking her fingers. We all knew it was coming, and she only does it at naptime/bedtime, but I just don’t have the energy it will take with a newborn. So, we are waiting to tackle that when mommy starts getting a full night of sleep again. We’ll keep you posted, too….we’re sure to need lots of prayers for that!! Ha!