Tuesday, October 30, 2007

My first birthday...

October 28th, 2007 - my first birthday! I really can't believe how big I am getting! My first birthday was such a wonderful day. Mommy and daddy snuck into my room at midnight to tell me happy birthday. I was confused, but glad to see them :o)

When I woke up in the morning, I found a special surprise...one of my favorite things in the world...BALLOONS! We all played in my room with my balloons and mommy and daddy laughed so much!

Next, we headed downstairs where daddy made me a "#1" pancake for breakfast. I scarfed it down :o) Oh, and I got to wear the fun party hat that mommy had made me and forgot to use at my party.

After breakfast, we were planning on going to church, but I still had a runny nose and we didn't want to get anyone in my class sick, so we just stayed home. I got to play with a lot of my toys with mommy, daddy and Uncle Ross. Fun times!

Then it was naptime and it was my best naptime ever...me and the balloons in my room! When I got up, Uncle Ross was gone, but mommy and daddy and I got to go to the park in my new wagon! We took a picnic lunch and then played on the swings. I sure was getting lots of love from mommy and daddy!
Okay, the next part of my birthday is super cheesy, but daddy and I gave in for mommy's sake. At 2:30 p.m. on the dot, we took a "birth-minute-kiss" picture. She plans to make us do this every year on my birthday...we'll see :o)


Next came more presents! Mommy and daddy gave me some clothes and a toy and a really special present too. They gave me a brand new "grown up" Bible that they will engrave with one new scripture each year on my birthday. Then when I'm eighteen, I will get to keep the Bible with all the scripture mommy and daddy prayed over me during my life. This year's verse is: 1 Samuel 1:27-28.

During my afternoon nap, mommy and daddy crashed as well. We were all pretty exhausted from the party! They were so tired that it took me a minute of talking in the monitor before they came to get me up! We watched a little football and then headed out to the Tortilla Factory for dinner. Yum! I even got to try a little bean and cheese taco!

Well, that was my first birthday. Good memories! Can't wait until next year!