Thursday, May 31, 2007

7 Months Old

Can you even believe how big I'm getting!?! This month has just flown by and I'm so excited about starting my first summer! It seems like I'm really growing up a little more each day. Mommy and daddy are having so much fun with me these days :o)

Here is what I've been up to this month:

- Lots of "screaming" and talking
- Started sucking my thumb every once in a while, but I'm still partial to the fingers :o)
- Learned how to drink out of my new sippy cup (it's got a fun little straw I use)
- I stick my tongue out and play with it all the time
- Learned how to sit up all by myself!
- Got to take my first dip in the pool
- I suck my toes ALL THE TIME (even when they are trying to change my diaper)!
- Started eating three meals a day: oatmeal cereal and fruit for breakfast, rice cereal and veggies for lunch, and cereal, fruit and veggies for dinner (plus bottles too)
- Got a LOT more efficient at eating - I don't put my hands in my mouth after every bite anymore, I just do it every once in a while when mommy and daddy aren't paying attention :o)
- Pulled myelf to my hands and knees and started rocking back and forth - I'm SO close to crawling I think
- Wriggle and squiggle all over the floor!
- Got to sit in the "big kid" swing at the park and I LOVE it!
- I'm really enjoying my time in the nursery at church and then crash when I get home :o)
- Got some new pictures taken (my favorites so far)
- Had a ton of fun with Kennedy and I love watching her, she really cracks me up!
- Started taking just two naps a day - 1-2 hours each
- Went to my first Street family reunion
- Started laughing even more
- Got a new thing for the tub that helps me sit up without sliding around - I love splashing and playing with my toys this way