Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Udder da weader

Emerson: I'b sict. I dot a feber, wunny nod ad do edegy. Pease pway fo be. Taits!
(Translated: I'm sick. I've got a fever, runny nose and no energy. Please pray for me. Thanks!)

Mommy: Our sweet little lady is sick :o(. It is misrable watching her feel misrable - just makes our hearts hurt!!! She woke up Monday night around 10:30 screaming. When I went to get her, she was burning up! I freaked. She had never had a fever before, but I could tell just from feeling her head. Sure enough...100.3. She was up and down all night, so we just took turns holding her. Since then, her fever has hovered between 99-100, but the Tylenol is keeping it low-grade. Yesterday, she was very lethargic and pretty much just slept and cried all day :o( , but the doctor just said to keep an eye on her. Thankfully, her amazing daddy took care of her while I was at work. When I got home, I could telll they were both exahusted. Anyway, last night was more of the same and we could just tell she was hurting. I can't even explain how hard it is to watch her go through this. (Yet another Aha! moment God has taught us through). So, this morning I took her into the doctor and he said she definitely has a viral infection of some sort. That means there's not a whole lot we can do but try to comfort her and make sure it doesn't get worse. So that's what we'll do. Please pray for our little angel to feel better soon!