Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Diaper Girl

Sweet second-born, oh how I love that child. And despite my best intentions of doing everything "just like I did the first time", that clearly isn't a reality. They simply have to take turns sometimes. But she seems to be handling it just fine. Tonight as I was helping Em with something, Hayden came up to me and said, "Bye-Bo"...translated Diaper. (Incidentally, it also means Bible. Whatever.) I checked and sure enough, it was dirty. I asked her, "Do you need a new diaper, sweetie?". She quickly turned around, led me up the stairs, around to her room, opened her diaper drawer (with a little help when it got stuck) and handed me a new diaper. Ha! I guess she's figured out how to take care of herself!! And doesn't she look cutie-a-pootie all diaper clad!?!