Friday, January 09, 2009

Music to my ears!!!

I have a new "favorite-Emmy moment" tonight...these change about daily because I really just love EVERY moment with her, but this one takes my breath away!

We were sitting at dinner when she started singing, "your heart will be where your treasure is, your heart will be where your treasure is..." and I just melted. See, we've both been working on hiding God's Word in our hearts and she is REALLY getting it!

The "treasure" song (Luke 12:32-34) she was singing tonight was from a Scripture memory CD she got for Christmas (thank you Meme!) and she LOVES it! Every time we get in the car, she asks for Hermie or Kingdom Kidz and I love it. No matter how cheesy the tune or melody, the lyrics are always perfect...they are simply God's Word.

I think the music makes them easier to learn and she already knows this one, "God's Big 10" (the Ten Commandments) and most of Psalm 119:10-11. I really can't believe how fast she soaks this up, and I praise God for putting the desire in her heart for learning it!

I'm so thankful there are resources like this out there. And the added bonus is how much I'M learning too :o).

Here are some of the ones we have in case your kiddos might like them too:

* Kingdom Kidz Club - this woman came to our MOPS meeting last year and she is inspiring! This is definitely Em's favorite CD...we have volume 1 and will be getting the others soon!

* Hermie Scripture Memory CDs - we have the Sharing, Praying and Being a Friend ones and they are great.

* My Travel Time Bible - this is one she got for Christmas from Karo. It's cool because it has scripture songs plus actual Bible stories.

* Hide 'em in your heart (Steve Green) - we actually don't have these, but I've also heard really good things about them.

P.S. I just don't think it's any coincidence that our "Daily Scripture" on the sidebar today is Matthew 6:19-21 - "Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." God is SO good!