Thursday, March 13, 2008

Why I put myself in time-out...

Well, time-out seems to be mommy and daddy's discipline method of choice right now, and I'm really doing a good job of understanding it's purpose.

Take Saturday afternoon, for example. We're all downstairs in the living room, watching a little Baylor basketball (Go Bears!) when I notice the buttons on our DVR are calling my name. Naturally, I just had to touch them. But daddy did not think this was such a good idea, something about messing up the game or something like that. Anyway, after being told "no" two times (and trying REALLY hard to be obedient) I felt myself inching toward that machine once again. I knew I shouldn't, but I just couldn't help myself. I touched the button. Daddy put me in time-out. I was bummed.

After time-out, I did find some other activities to keep myself busy for a while, but lo and behold, that silly button kept calling my name! Only this time I was prepared...as I quickly and quietly walked by the machine, I touched the button, told myself "NO" and took myself directly to time-out! I think I caught them off guard because mommy and daddy laughed so hard they almost cried. So of course, I had to get them laughing again. I did this all two more times before mommy gave up and took me upstairs. And that's the story of why I put myself in time-out :o)!

-- Reenactment --

"Fine button, I WILL push you."

"No no!" (with a smirk!)

Sad little me in time-out :o(