Saturday, July 21, 2007

Funky Fingerpaint

How long did it take Michealangelo to paint the Sistene Chapel? Three years? Puh...leez! It took me only ten minutes to paint a masterpiece on my highchair this afternoon.

Today, Mommy decided that it was time for me to get into fingerpainting. For some reason, she felt like real paint would not work because something about me putting things in my mouth...I wasn't listening very closely. We thought about it, and finally came up with an idea.

Turns out, ketchup and mustard are not only useful for topping off a delicious hotdog or hamburger, they also double as a tool by which I can express my inner child. Ok, fine...my outer child. Whatever.

The most interesting part of my composition was when, as mommy suspected, I decided to taste the materials. You know, I've been surprised by a lot of things in my short life, but nothing could have prepared me for the taste of mustard. The only word that comes to mind is revolting.

Anyway, I ended up having a great time so I thought we'd share some pictures with everyone.

I think I can work with this...

Some red plus a dab of yellow...

An artist at work!

I wonder what it would taste like...

I think I just threw up in my mouth...

Can you say gag reflex?

Now for the finishing touches

Aaaand, I'm done!